Hambleton will be put on the world map next year as it prepares to welcome the world’s top cyclists in September 2019.
The world’s best cyclists are coming to Yorkshire to take part in the UK’s biggest sporting event in 2019.
The 2019 UCI Road World Championships take place for nine days next September bringing in thousands of riders and spectators.
Northallerton will be hosting the start of one of the most prestigious events of the championships – the Men’s Elite Time Trial. The event on Wednesday 25 September 2019 will see cyclists set off from the High Street before racing out to Bedale on their way to the finish line in Harrogate.
UCI president David Lappartient said “After the Tour de France Grand Depart in 2014, and the consequent creation of the legacy of the Tour de Yorkshire, this magnificent region has left us in no doubt that the World Championships will be a memorable occasion.”
- Saturday, 21 September: Beverley-Tadcaster-Wetherby-Harrogate Circuit – Para-cycling road races (C1 Event)
- Sunday, 22 September: Harrogate Circuit – team time trial mixed relay (28km)
- Monday, 23 September: Harrogate Circuit – women junior individual time trial (14km) and men junior individual time trial (28km)
- Tuesday, 24 September: Ripon to Harrogate – men U-23 individual time trial (32.5km) and women elite individual time trial (32.5km)
- Wednesday, 25 September: Northallerton to Harrogate – men elite individual time trial (54km)
- Thursday, 26 September: Richmond to Harrogate – men junior road race (144.5km)
- Friday, 27 September: Doncaster to Harrogate – women junior road race (91.5km) and men U-23 road race (192.5km)
- Saturday, 28 September: Bradford to Harrogate – women elite road race (149.5km)
- Sunday, 29 September: Leeds to Harrogate – men elite road race (284.5km)
Find out more at https://worlds.yorkshire.com/