Thirsk YO7 2EH
Enjoy a whole host of free activities at our annual moorland event in and around Sutton Bank National Park Centre. It’s a celebration of country life, culture and heritage. Accessible by wheelchair.
Here’s a taste of what’s happening and who’ll be there.
- Askham Bryan College – Discover how to identify different heather varieties and all about moorland management
- Yorkshire Wildlife Trust
- North Yorkshire Turtle Dove Project – Sutton Bank is home to a number of our smallest European dove, but they are in big trouble, with massive population declines across Europe. Funded by Heritage Lottery Fund, find out how this project is helping these birds across the National Park and Howardian Hills AONB
- Find out about Yorkshire Coast Nature’s wildlife trips and experiences to see some of the National Park’s most iconic wildlife
- Westfields Honey Farm, Fadmoor – find out more about bees and see the working hive and skeps
- See felt demonstrations
- Meet the National Park Volunteer Service
- Go out on our ‘Ranger Patrol Trail’
- Guided walks – Join our walk leaders on a short 30 minute guided walk
- Children’s crafts, trails and local folklore storytelling
- Tasting table